Clyde has more than 15 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry and more than 10 years of experience in the Mining industry in Suriname. He is currently an independent consultant focused on Upstream Oil/ Gas, Mining and Logistics.
He has a master’s degree in Petroleum Geology and an MBA in Leadership and Management.
During his career, he has been involved in several projects, such as:
- Onshore projects: Exploration and Development projects in Staatsolie (preliminary studies, coordination of operations and evaluation).
- Offshore projects: Exploration activities drilling of wells, seismic acquisition (2D/ 3D), magnetometry/ gravimetry projects in Staatsolie (prospects assessments studies, coordination of operations and evaluation).
- Setting up the Minerals Institute Suriname: this includes coordination of the revision of existing law products, Strategic Environment & Social Assessment, HR processes description and implementation, institutional strengthening, change management, etc
- EITI Suriname as National Coordinator.
Besides these projects, Clyde has also been involved in several activities, such as:
- Session chair Regulatory Panel at the Caribbean 2021 E&P Summit,
- General Co-Chair Virtual Research Symposium South-East Caribbean and Guyana Basins,
- General Co-Chair Geosciences Technology Workshop (GTW) 2019 Suriname, Geoscience Exchange Program Ghana, Guyana and Suriname,
- Organizing Committee Energy Opportunities 2018, Columbia,
- General Co-Chair Geosciences Technology Workshop (GTW) 2017 Guyana,
Clyde is also a lecturer at the Anton de Kom University of Suriname and the FHR Schools of Higher Education. Also, he serves as the Chair of the Geological and Mining Society of Suriname and delegate to the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Latin America and Caribbean Region, as well as Faculty advisor of the AAPG and SPE student chapter at the Anton de Kom University of Suriname.